I want to thank Somebodysangel13 and MichelleLynn for nominating me for this award! It means a whole lot to me! I never imagined when starting this blog that I’d be nominated for anything, let alone by two people! You guys are so awesome 😀
The award is to help bloggers with under 3,000 followers to, well, get some new ones (hopefully). Really great idea to help us spread the word about awesome blogs we’ve found.
The Official Rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
My Nominees: (I’m going to try my hardest to nominate blogs that haven’t been nominated already. I’m also going to keep my nominations short, as I tend to get really mushy, and we wouldn’t want that to happen ^.^)
Young Forever: A Backwards ISBI (somebodysangel13)-Am I allowed to nominate a blog from the person who nominated me? I have no idea. Anyways, although just beginning, this backwards ISBI is off to a great start!
Legacy of the Xaviers (Iomai)-A more mature legacy (and pupacy!) with some really awesome characters
I Hope to be Surrounded By Idiots (simslia)-a hilarious ISBI with some really fun genetics
Loki Is Surrounded By Idiots (laserkatt)-Loki, the God of mischief, is the founder of this legacy (which is no longer an ISBI at this point)
Winterton Adoptacy (TinyPiglet)-An adoptacy, where the goal is to adopt children instead of conceive them. The legacy has ended, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still go enjoy previous chapters!
An Infectious Legacy (artimesquirrel)-An alphabetacy with an infectious disease naming scheme
The Bookabet Legacy (jolvsbooks)-An alphabetacy with book characters as a naming scheme
It’s Raining Idiots (Madcapp)-A storm-based ISBI that contains Sims with a LOT of personality
Questions Asked by my Nominator (Somebodysangel13)
1. Would you rather have a face clone heir, or a Face One heir?
I’d rather have a face clone heir, hands down. Yes, it’s annoying to have the same face for generations on end, but at least you can sort of disguise it with different hair, makeup, and clothing. For me, Face Ones look the same no matter what. Plus, once you get one, they never go away…
2. If you could change one aspect of TS3, what would it be?
I’d get rid of all the glitches and the lag. One of the things I really loved about TS4 was that it ran so smoothly, even on my crappy, archaic laptop. If TS3 ran like that, I think less people would hate on it.
3. What is your favorite expansion pack? Why? (clichéd, but a classic)
I’d have to say Supernatural. Aside from Sunset Valley, Moonlight Falls has some of my favorite EA created Sims. I love all the different types of Sims and what they’re all able to do. I also love all the gothic clothing and furniture that came with this EP.
4. Who is your favorite spare in your legacy/challenge?
Steelix, hands down. He’s such a cocky, arrogant moron, but he has a great heart, and he was pretty much best friends with everyone he met. I loved him so much that he was the first Sim I ever created in TS4 CAS!
5. Who was the very first Sim you created in CAS? Were they based on anyone?
There’s actually a story to this one! The first time I ever played Sims was when I was at a friend’s house in 1st grade. I’d never heard of it before, but she booted up the game and insisted I play with her. We made ourselves, then made a fake mom for her and a fake dad for me (neither of us come from divorced families, so it’d be weird to have made our real parents) with the intention of making them fall in love. After that, the next time I went to Target with my grandparents, I bought the game, much to my mother’s chagrin ^.^
6. If you could create a new TS3 EP, what would it be?
My idea might work better as a SP than an EP, but I would want Band Stuff. I’ve been playing the clarinet in our school’s band system since 5th grade, and throughout the years, band has become really important to me. I think it’d be really cool if there were more instrument options than guitars, drums, and pianos. I would love to have options for concert band, orchestra, marching band, jazz band, pep band, and anything else they could think of! We could even have color guard, drumline, choir. The possibilities are endless! I’m sure many people wouldn’t be thrilled with something like this, but us band nerds would freak.
7. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, (assuming it could sustain you), what would it be?
PASTA!!! More specifically, alfredo pasta. I really don’t like the red sauce. Make pasta, not war!
8. What was your favorite childhood movie?
I’ve been a Disney fanatic since I was an infant. My favorite movie as a kid, and still my favorite movie now, is The Lion King.
9. Did you play video games as a child, or only started when an adult?
I’ve been playing video games basically since I was old enough to develop motor skills. We didn’t have much when I was little, just a PS1 and a PC, but I was pretty much glued to both of those. On special occasions, I’d get to play Sonic or Ecco the Dolphin on my dad’s Sega Genesis, and when I was about five, I got my first handheld system, the GBA. Since then, I’ve pretty much been hooked.
10. What animal would you most want as a pet? (fantasy/extinct animals allowed!)
A liger. It’s pretty much my favorite animal. It’s like a lion and tiger mixed, bred for its skills in magic.
11. Do you believe in true love? Is there only one out there for everybody?
Call me a romantic, but I do believe in true love. I do not, however, think that there’s only one person in the whole world you could end up with. I believe that, no matter where you end up in life, there’s someone out there for you. No matter if you’re in the USA, China, Ireland, or wherever, you’ll find someone who you will love and be loved by unequivocally. If your true love passes away, there may be another person who you can truly love afterwards.
To me, true love doesn’t necessarily mean the ONE person you’re meant to spend all of eternity with. It means the person who brings you happiness in times of sorrow. The person who will love you no matter what mistakes you may make. The person who will never tire of you, never crave something or someone else. And yes, there are more of those out there for you than just one. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t your true love.
Haha, I know. Cheesy, right? I’ve always been somewhat of a romantic.
Questions Asked by my Nominator (MichelleLynn)
1. Salty or Sweet? What’s your favorite snack food?
I love both salty and sweet. I’m the type of person that isn’t bothered by sweets that are too “rich.” However, I can’t just snack on sweet stuff, it has to be for a special occasion. For snack foods, I like salty things like pretzels or Cheeze-Its.
2. If you could BE any animal, (real or fantasy) what would you be? Why?
I would probably be a wolf, a penguin, or a lion. I think wolves are beautiful creatures, and the feeling of running free out in the open with your pack by your side would be amazing. I would choose the lion out of any big cats because they’re kings of the jungle, and they’re loyal to their pride. Finally, penguins stick with one mate for the rest of their lives. I don’t necessarily think I’ll find my “mate” on the first try, but when I do, I’ll definitely stick with my choice.
3. Who is your favorite Sim you ever created or had in a legacy/challenge?
My favorite Sim is Frederick (Freddy) Lawrence, the very first heir of my very first legacy. He was born evil and insane, and at first, I hated the kid. He had to share a room with his half-brother Sam Sekemoto, and he was always waking the poor kid up. He also liked to cock-block his teenaged brother when Sandi French came over. But when Freddy became a teenager, he turned into the most interesting Sim I’d ever experienced. He was the first Sim I ever really made an emotional connection with, and the first Sim whose death I was trying to avoid like crazy. I wish I’d taken pictures of that legacy, because I don’t even remember what he looked like anymore 😦
4. Do you play any board games or card games? If yes, what’s your favorite? If no, why not?
I do play board/card games. My parents and I used to play one together every night in the summer when I was little. I think my favorite is a game called Pass the Popcorn, a game in which you guess a movie based on cast, characters, story, and quotes. It’s not a board game, but I don’t know if it qualities as a card game either…it’s just kind of a game, I guess…
5. Besides the Sims games, do you play any other console, PC, mobile games?
I play a lot of different types of games, but I play more PC and mobile (like DS and PSP, not like cell phone games) than console. My favorites are probably Nancy Drew, Pokemon, and Phoenix Wright. I also love Zelda and Kingdom Hearts games.
6. If someone wanted to turn your story into a novel/graphic novel, would you let them? Would you change anything?
As long as I had final say, I think I’d allow it. Although I can’t say that my legacy is really interesting enough to become a novel. I think I would change a few things, make it more dramatic or humorous. Add more characterization. I’m a great storyteller when I’m not limited by my terrible Sims photography.
7. What is your favorite movie of all time?
The Lion King!
8. Which Sims game do you like best (1, 2, 3, or 4) and why?
I like TS3 the best. Maybe it’s just because I’ve spent the most time playing it, or maybe it’s because all the Sims I’ve grown attached to are on TS3, but I definitely prefer it over the others. TS2 is a close second though, as I have the most nostalgic memories of that game from my childhood.
9. On the flip side, which Sims game (1, 2, 3, or 4) do you like the least and what would make it better? (Give as much or little detail as you want!)
The Sims game I play the least is 1, and it’s not because it’s a bad game or anything. I only recently got ahold of a copy this past summer, and between all the challenges I try on TS3, attempting TS4, and looking back on TS2 whenever possible, I just never find the time to play it.
Despite this, I think I still enjoyed that game more than TS4. There were parts of this game that I really liked, such as the smoothness and fluidity of everything, but there were some aspects of it that were a real turn off for me. For example, the loading screens! I wish it had been an open world like TS3. It took a while for me to get used to that after TS2, but I really like it. Also (and I know it’s been talked about far too many times at this point) I really want toddlers…having no toddlers is not okay…
10. If you met a genie, what would you wish for? (You have up to three wishes, share 1, 2, or all!)
1. I would wish for happiness for everyone in the world. What that means for each individual person is complicated, but I want everyone to feel a sense of joy and contentment for each passing day.
2. I would wish to live in Disney World. If I could just stay in that place forever, I’d never have a bad day again! And hey, everyone deserves at least one selfish wish, right?
3. I would free the genie.
11. What is your favorite day of the week?
Friday. The only two days of the week that I’m not busy are Friday and Sunday, but Sunday is usually reserved for homework. On Fridays, my parents and I take turns picking a restaurant to go to and a movie to watch when we got home. The movie part isn’t always fun, because we have completely different tastes, but going to different restaurants is always a treat.
Questions for my Nominees: (I’m really bad at writing questions! Terribly sorry!)
1. What is/was your favorite subject in school? Why?
2. If you could speak any language you want, other than ones you already speak, which one would you pick?
3. Who is your favorite pre-made Sim in any of the games?
4. What is your favorite memory of playing Sims?
5. What type of music do you enjoy listening to?
6. What has been the most challenging thing for you so far in your legacy/challenge?
7. Do you believe in aliens?
8. Where’s Bella?
9. Why is a Raven like a writing desk?
10. Do you have a favorite canon couple, in any show, movie, book, etc? How about a favorite non-canon couple?
11. What are your hopes for the future of Sims? (TS4 EPs, TS5 ideas, console/handheld games, etc.)